EIGHT TYPOGRAPHY & PRINTING SPECIMEN BOOK CATALOGS from EXTINCT TYPE FOUNDRIES & PRESSES Fully Illustrated
EIGHT TYPOGRAPHY and PRINTING SPECIMEN BOOK CATALOGS:
* BARNHARTS STOCK CUT CATALOGUE. Published by BARNHART TYPE FOUNDRY, New York, c.1909. Softcovers, 9x12 inches, 199  pages. Profusely ILLUSTRATED with over 2,300 antique ELECTROTYPE CUTS from the mid 19th century to Art Nouveau. GOOD MINUS condition, toning and some creasing to the covers, shorelining / light staining to the upper front corner area of the inner pages, otherwise tight, bright, clean and unmarked.
* PREFERRED TYPE FACES. Published by BARNHART BROTHERS & SPINDLER, Chicago, c.1915. Hardcovers, 9x12 inches oblong, 172 pages. Fully ILLUSTRATED with type fonts, decorations, image cuts, etc. GOOD condition, light spotting to the spine and rear cover, some wear to the cover corner tips and edges, inner pages have a smudge here and there, and a piece of a label is still stuck to the front free-endpaper, overall the pages are bright and clean. A nice copy.
* CASLON BOLD - BODY AND JOB TYPE. CASLON FONT SPECIMENS CATALOG. Caslon was a new font introduced in 1905. Published by KEYSTONE TYPE FOUNDRY, 1906. Softcovers, string bound, 8x12 inches oblong, 30 pages plus some mini pages tipped-in. ILLUSTRATED throughout. GOOD condition, a vertical crease where the catalog was once folded, and some creases here and there, still solid, clean and complete.
* KEYSTONE SPECIMEN BOOK OF DISPLAY FACES. Published by KEYSTONE TYPE FOUNDRY, c.1915. Wrappers, inner pages staple bound, 9x12 inches,182 pages. ILLUSTRATED throughout. GOOD condition, the spine covering is peeling, the front and rear covers have some soiling, the inner pages are bright, clean, clear and unmarked.
* BORDERS - KEYSTONE TYPE FOUNDRY SPECIMEN CATALOG. Published by KEYSTONE TYPE FOUNDRY, undated. Wrappers, inner pages staple bound, 9x12 inches, 42 pages. ILLUSTRATED throughout. FAIR condition, the wrappers have separated from the text block, are tape reinforced at the spine, and have creases and chips; internally the pages are toned and have a slight crease at the upper corner, otherwise they remain bright, clean and clear. Nice text block in worn and disbound wrappers.
* BRASS RULES SPECIMEN CATALOG. "HANSEN'S BRASS RULES: Graytone Rules, High Art Rules, Halftone Rules, Labor-Saving Rules, Head Rules, Column Rules, Odd Designs, Circles, Ovals, Diamonds, Dashes, Braces, Brass Corners, etc. Greatest Variety and Most Exclusive Designs Ever Produced." Published by H. C. HANSEN TYPE FOUNDRY, Boston, c.1916. Wrappers, 9x12 inches, 80 pages. ILLUSTRATED. GOOD condition, somewhat shaky binding, light toning, inner pages are bright, clean, clear and unmarked.
* ELECTROTYPE STOCK CUTS CATALOG. Published by CALIFORNIA ELECTROTYPE & STEREOTYPE CO., Los Angeles, c.1934. Wrappers, side stapled, 9x12 inches, 100 pages. ILLUSTRATED throughout. FAIR condition, the wrappers are well worn with chips, creases and tears, and have clear tape reinforcement / repair to the spine fold and edges; internally the pages are toned at the margins and have corner creases; nonetheless a complete catalog with pages and images that are bright and clear. A worn but complete copy.
* PROCESS PRINTING SAMPLE SHEETS / MACHINE TYPE FACES, RULES, BORDERS / HOW TO BUY PRINTING PROFITABLY. Three Works Bound In One. Published by PACE PRESS, and the Employing Printers Association, New York, 1927. FINELY BOUND for "S. R. Stratton", whose name is imprinted at the bottom of the front cover. Faux leather covers, intricate blind embossing and a gilt image on the front cover, gilt page edges, vinyl endpapers embossed with floral designs, 9x12 inches. First two works are SPECIMEN CATALOGS, unpaginated, fully ILLUSTRATED. The third work has 134 pages of text. VERY GOOD condition, some scrapes and rubs to the covers, pages show light signs of handling and use, overall tight, bright and clean. A nice copy.
BUYERS PLEASE NOTE: This lot is heavy and will require additional shipping charges.